Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
241 Real-World Brain Teasers.: Guided problem-solving in Inventions, Nature, Uncommon Trivia, and Business Innovation. (Invent and Discover) Kindle Edition
Challenge yourself to figure out creative solutions to real-world problems that have led to important inventions, discoveries, and innovations throughout history!
Do you love trivia quizzes... but wish these didn't rely so much on useless facts that you either know or you don't, leaving no room for actual thinking?
Do you enjoy mental puzzles... but want to come away with something more valuable than just getting the correct answer to abstract, theoretical problems? Something more practical, perhaps?
This book aims to change the game.
Experience walking in the footsteps of discoverers, inventors, and innovators through taking on real-world problems that challenge you to tap into lateral thinking and creativity.
Part knowledge question and part logic puzzle, each of these 241 real-world brain teasers will challenge you to think of things in a new light and solve problems creatively.
Our unique questions are specially designed to lead you through solving actual challenges that people have faced in the real world — no trivia knowledge necessary! Everything you need for brainstorming your way to a solution is baked right into each carefully crafted question and helpful hint.
In this book of brain teasers, you'll find:
- 241 engaging problems across 12 fascinating topics, including Ingenious Inventions, Business Innovations, Nature & Science, Historical Happenings, Folk Wisdom from different cultures around the world, and many more.
- A specially designed easy-to-navigate format eliminates the need to flip back and forth between sections, helping you keep the fun going and avoid accidentally stumbling upon answers.
- Chapters, arranged by difficulty and subject, so you have complete control over how you play.
- Answers that go beyond fun facts, giving you more insight into how the world works and what makes people tick.
- Family-friendly puzzles that anyone and everyone can brainstorm and enjoy, regardless of age, education, or background.
- A variety of ways to play and train your brain, getting in that mental workout whether solo, with family and friends, or even in a professional setting.
- See inside for a link to download your FREE Bonus eBook.
Sharpen your logic, improve your analytical abilities, enhance your creativity, and develop your lateral thinking skills, all while having fun and learning more about the world around you.
This book can be a valuable tool for keeping the mind in top shape, from kids to the elderly, students to CEOs, whether for professional development or just for fun.
Give your brain a good workout with these unique problems, which involve both logical reasoning and erudition!
From the Publisher
Included with the purchase of this book are downloads:
- Additional real-world brain teaser problems, with media materials. Illustrated ebook.
- SCAMPER - Techniques and tips for developing brainstorm-thinking strategy. How to use problems from this book for training. eBook.
The problems are categorized into three difficulty levels: Easy, Intermediate, and Extra Challenging.
Each level is also organized by topic, giving you even more control of what you want to work on and how you want to play.
- Business Innovations
- Culture & Arts
- Folk Wisdom
- Historical Happenings
- Human Behavior
- Ingenious Inventions
- Nature & Science
- and more...
In the ebook, the parts of each problem — question, hint, answer with explanation — are separated by page breaks.
Paper Book Navigation
Questions are found mainly on the right-hand side of each spread, followed immediately by their respective hints at the bottom of the page.
Paper Book Navigation
Turning the page, you'll find the answers and additional information on the flip side, which would then be at the left-hand side of the spread.
- ASIN : B09M7FS886
- Publisher : Invent and Discover (17 November 2021)
- Language : English
- File size : 6251 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 747 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 101,976 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The puzzles are not only interesting and challenging but educational too. Covering a wide range of topics, from different eras of inventions and problem solving.
I also like that the puzzle answer is just a page flip away, not looking back and forth to get the solutions. The latter I always found SO annoying in other puzzle books.
The teasers start with fairly simple ones and continue through to moderate and more difficult challenges. That I also appreciate. I'm going to try to do at least a couple every day and in the order they are given in this ebook.
Give it a try! I'm glad I did.😏
Helpful votes are always appreciated!
Geraldine Helen Hartman, author of,
"Laughing at the Grim Reaper! Gems of Wisdom for Aging Well"🌹🌹🌹