Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Allan Mason
Allan Mason – Chartered Accountant
CA, Bachelor of Business (Acct),
CA SMSF Specialist
Allan has over 40 years experience as a Chartered Accountant and nearly 15 years in financial services and non-accounting based businesses (sometimes concurrently). He is the founder and principal of Encore Accounting a Brisbane based mid sized Chartered Accounting firm.
His career spans many Chartered practices as well as holding key positions in companies. Previously was a principal in the firm Walker Williams Mason at Manly (now Charter Group) then Allan Mason & Associates at Chatswood, Broadview Accounting on the NSW Central Coast.
During his business life he has owned, established or been involved with the following businesses, in addition to owning or running his own accounting practices:
• Finance Company
• Commercial Piggery (350 sow)
• Dog and cat boarding kennels
• Agricultural Plantations which included Tea Tree Plantation, Olive Plantation, Ginseng, Softwood Plantations.
• Saw Mill
• Financial Services company – holding three financial services licences from ASIC
• Bio-botanicals company
• Property developments
• Public Company ASX listing
• Prospectus and Product Disclosure Documents preparation
He knows from experience and education what it takes to run a business. It is not always a bed of roses, but takes dedicated effort, working smart and hard work. But it can be profitable and is certainly exciting.
He is a published author having written five books:
• Survival to Success – How to Play and Win the Game of Life
• Business Bullseye – How to Succeed in Business
• How to Choose an Accountant, - Your Most Valuable Team Member to Help you Succeed in Business
• Fable of a Master,
• Tax Secrets of the Rich by Kerry Packers former accountant.
He has also published numerous articles on business and tax.
His qualifications are:
• Bachelor of Business from the University of Technology (with Credit) in 1978
• Associate Member of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CA ANZ)
• Practicing Certificate with Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CA ANZ)
• CA - SMSF Specialisation with Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CA ANZ)
• Fellow of the Society of Certified Practising Accountants (FCPA) since resigned
• Registered Tax Agent since 1976
• Registered Company Auditor since 1982
• Registered SMSF auditor
Customers Also Bought Items By
Allan Mason shares his over 40 years of tax and accounting knowledge in an easy to read format. While tax may be a boring subject, unfortunately it is something we all need to master. As the saying goes there are only 2 things certain in life – death and taxes. By reading this book you will learn about real case studies and tips on how Allan has helped many clients reduce their tax improve their business and hence grow their personal wealth.
You will also discover:
* How the wealthy view tax and their mindset.
* How to play the tax game using structures to take advantage of different tax rates.
* Read about actual real life case studies.
* 11 tax tips covering nearly every tax situation a person can encounter.
* 7 Money tips that successful people use to create wealth or run their business in a way that it creates life rather than taking it away from them.
* Some interesting facts about money and wealth.
*The millionaire mindset of the wealthy and how to emulate that.
*The psychological aspect of success and failure in business.
* How to harness the power you have within you to run a successful and profitable business while still retaining enough after tax dollars to build wealth.
This is a must read for every person who aspires to being in control of their finances.
You owe it to yourself, your family and the community to be successful.
Allan Mason is an acclaimed author having written numerous books and articles in his field. He is a Chartered Accountant with a career spanning over 40 years working both in large corporations and in private practice. His claim to fame is working for many high flying entrepreneurs which included the late Kerry Packer, who was famous for his outspoken views on taxation.
The western world has a strong system of taxation that takes away your choice and gives this to central government who decide how they will spend your money. But entrepreneurs do not see it that way. To them taxation is a game, like being in business, that they want to win at. A game of using the system to minimise their contribution to the taxation system and then be able to build wealth and assist those less fortunate in the way they choose.
The writer with draws on his own personal experience as an accountant in public practice, with actual case studies on how he has reduced the tax payable for many high net worth people (or those that aspire to be). By using his vast tax knowledge he provides an outline of how to use tax system in Australia to your advantage. The 2 sides, making money and keeping it, deal with running a successful business and then retaining as much of those profits, without the burden of taxation.
On the other side of success, this book also shows the pitfalls and personal cost of entrepreneurship. Something a budding entrepreneur needs to be mindful of if they are to embark upon this journey. It is a fact that being in business there is a strong the chance that things sometimes do not go as planned. Some 85% of businesses fail in the first 5 years. The lot of a business owner is a hard one. If you get it right more than 50% of the time you are doing well. Dealing with failure has consequences that can lead to depression, the feeling of being trapped, not knowing who to turn to can lead to the owner paying the ultimate price (suicide).
There is a magic formula that you can apply that works every time to make you lots of money to lead a fulfilling and rewarding life.
Part of that formula is dealing with the intangible and emotional factors that affect us all. As emotional human beings., life affects us in different ways. The other part is having the knowledge to achieve your aims.
To most small businesses their accountant is the most important member of their team. But whilst every business engages an accountant, view few get it right. Like all professions there are good and bad accountants. There are also accountants that suit your business and you. Getting it wrong can be the most costly mistake you could ever make. This book helps you make an informed choice on what to look for.
A short easy to read book on what to look for in your accountant and how to choose the right accountant for you.
Your accountant is the member of your team who views your business from the outside, helping you notice all the important things that you can’t see, or let slip by, while you are busy running your business. Your accountant is a business mentor, your silent partner, your financial advisor; the person in whom you can confide the inner secrets of your business in absolute confidence. Whatever secrets you have, your accountant has seen it all before!
By helping readers choose the right accountant for them, this book will assist them to:
• Pay the minimum tax that is legal
• Help with problems or non compliance matters
• Give business advice on the best way to succeed in business
• And much, much more…
By opening this book readers will be presented with information about the role of accountants, which ones are doing it right, and which ones aren’t and specific traits and qualifications to look for when making this important choice. Common myths about accountants are exposed and a practical bonus chapter on ‘how tax works and how to reduce it’ is for the reader’s personal use.
1. How Tax works and how to reduce it - a view from a totally different perspective. From a professional giving you a snapshot view of a different way of approaching this topic. Tax can be your biggest cost. It desires your full attention and planning.
2. The key to running a successful business - a short outline on the key points you need to know if you are to be successful in business. Learn from a business professional with knowledge and experience. This short outline will get you thinking.
3. Business Tax Return checklist - no business owner shoull miss out on this. One item alone may say you thousands of dollars.
Then look no further than Allan Mason’s Survival to Success. In your hands is the recipe for extreme success; a manual on the rules of the universe and how you can use this knowledge to obtain the success you have until now, only dreamt of.
This book bridges the gap from where you are now to where you wish to be. It explains the laws of nature in a way that piece together the puzzle we call life. Divided into three consecutive sections, this book will equip you with the tools you need to put the power of creation within your hands. Between these pages you will find ways in which to utilise this power in accordance with the rules of nature to bring happiness, wealth and satisfaction into your life. Ultimately, this book will outline the steps you must take to make a firm decision on what you desire, how to fine-tune your vision, and then how to create the life you want.
The basic philosophy of this book is that if you treat life as a game and learn its rules, you will be able to achieve your goals.
Success and fulfillment are not idle dreams but are within grasp of every person on this planet. The requirement is only to reach out. So open this Holy Grail of Life and let the secrets spill out…
Running your own business is the dream of many. Yet in reality it is often the nightmare of many business owners. It is said that 90% of businesses fail in their first year. 80% of those that are left do not make it beyond five years. Business Bullseye shows you that it doesn’t have to be this way…
Take the guess work out of running a business by learning how to create an unimpeded path forward to making your plans a reality. Divided into three sections, Business Bullseye first deals with setting (and sticking to) your goals and aspirations, then provides you with valuable tutorials including ‘How to write policy statements’, ‘Choosing a Business Structure to protect you’ and ‘How tax works – and how to reduce it’, and finally presents case studies and business templates for you to work with. By following the path laid down between these covers you will discover how to:
• Make more money
• Pay less tax (legally)
• Have more time.
Life is a journey – but wouldn’t it be easier if this journey was filled with freedom and fulfillment? Open these pages, lift yourself out of the mire and run your business to benefit YOU!
Speaker and author of three books, Allan Mason is a successful accountant and businessperson with 30 years experience under his belt. He has worked with many leading franchise groups including Bob Jane T-Marts and Domino’s Pizza – watching many companies succeed, and many fail. He has seen firsthand how these downfalls can affect the family, friends and creditors, not to mention the business owner’s esteem. This fuelled Allan’s passion to develop Business Bullseye, a practical manual providing you with the tools to run a successful business.
“Business can drain the life from you if you are not careful. This book shows you how with systems, a proper strategy and various other tools your business can be rewarding and yet you will still see your family” ~ Dick Smith