A Funny Life Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
The Sunday Times top 10 best seller.
Laugh along with Michael McIntyre as he lifts the curtain on his life in his long-awaited new autobiography.
Michael’s first book ended with his big break at the 2006 Royal Variety Performance. Waking up the next morning in the tiny rented flat he shared with his wife, Kitty, and their one-year-old son, he was beyond excited about the new glamorous world of show business. Unfortunately, he was also clueless....
In A Funny Life, Michael honestly and hilariously shares the highs and the lows of his rise to the top and desperate attempts to stay there. It’s all here, from his disastrous panel show appearances, to his hit TV shows, from mistakenly thinking he’d be a good chat show host and talent judge, to finding fame and fortune beyond his wildest dreams and becoming the biggest-selling comedian in the world. Along the way, he opens his man drawer, narrowly avoids disaster when his trousers fall down in front of three policemen and learns the hard way why he should always listen to his wife.
Michael has had a silly life, a stressful life, sometimes a moving and touching life, but always a funny life.
This audiobook is hilariously read by Michael McIntyre himself.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||8 hours and 43 minutes|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||14 October 2021|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 552 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
24 in Biographies of Celebrities & Entertainment Professionals
25 in Biographies of Actors & Entertainers
53 in Memoirs (Books)
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Anyone on a journey of finding their gift and wanting to fight to 'make it' will love reading this book.
Top reviews from other countries
Well worth reading over and over again .
What a lovely tribute to Addison as well - the world of comedy must be a sadder place without his energy and vision.
This audio book has made me realise several things. 1. Michael’s vocation is in doing audio books. As well as his comedy of course! He completely brings the story and characters to life.
2. Michael should be testing out acting in films. In fact Michael if the comedy and light entertainment world ever becomes too much for you, trust me when i say, you can act boy!!
3. For Michael to bring a character to life so much that in the audio book that you feel you love the guy and you can’t wait to see what he says and does next, is just beautiful. In fact Michael does this with several of the wonderful people in his life, who he depicted so fabulously.
4. Michael’s honesty in his autobiography is very endearing. After reading this book (or rather listening to Michael reading) i feel now i will always know him better and always be rooting for him in whatever he does in life.
5. I highly recommend doing the audio version with Michael reading, above reading it yourself. I KNOW, the characters would not have been the same without his intimate knowledge of them and fabulous acting, voice mimicking etc.
6. Finally, Michael if Kitty is reading this review to you. It is ok, you can open your eyes now. It is all good.
I listened to your book in 2 days. My ears couldn’t put it down.