Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order: Why Nations Succeed or Fail Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
From legendary investor Ray Dalio, author of the international best seller Principles, who has spent half a century studying global economies and markets, Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order examines history’s most turbulent economic and political periods to reveal why the times ahead will likely be radically different from those we’ve experienced in our lifetimes - but similar to those that have happened many times before.
A few years ago, Ray Dalio noticed a confluence of political and economic conditions he hadn’t encountered before. They included huge debts and zero or near-zero interest rates that led to massive printing of money in the world’s three major reserve currencies, big political and social conflicts within countries, especially the US, due to the largest wealth, political and values disparities in more than 100 years and the rising of a world power (China) to challenge the existing world power (US) and the existing world order. The last time that this confluence occurred was between 1930 and 1945. This realisation sent Dalio on a search for the repeating patterns and cause/effect relationships underlying all major changes in wealth and power over the last 500 years.
In this remarkable and timely addition to his Principles series, Dalio brings listeners along for his study of the major empires - including the Dutch, the British and the American - putting into perspective the 'Big Cycle' that has driven the successes and failures of all the world’s major countries throughout history.
Dalio reveals the timeless and universal forces behind these shifts and uses them to look into the future, offering practical principles for positioning oneself for what’s ahead.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||16 hours and 48 minutes|
|Narrator||Ray Dalio, Jeremy Bobb|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||30 November 2021|
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster Audio UK|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 80 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
1 in Economics (Audible Books & Originals)
11 in Business & Economics
48 in Textbooks & Study Guides
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
A worthy contribution but over-wordy given the content.
1) Dalio beautifully illustrates how cycles with multiple "determinants" drive political, financial and even psychological change through time
2) He uses multiple empires and overview the key characteristics as to "why the failed" and also why they were succesful
3) He puts it into language that anyone can understand
4) He mentions both positive and negative things about both China and the US based on data not on emotional opinions - a brave thing to do in the 21st century
5) He does not force an opinion and only makes suggestions based on data
Overall, a very useful and helpful book that has helped me re-allocate assets and focus on the future with more hedging in mind. The time to be concerned is when we all think things will be great forever and wealth inequality is high. The other data about polarity and key issues is very interesting as its obvious for us to see on the surface but its quantified here. A scry time to be in the US in some states
If you like to base your decisions on data, this is a must read! The book feels like breath of fresh air!