Cravings and Addictions: Free Yourself from the Struggle of Addictive Behavior with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Whether you struggle with overeating, alcohol, drugs, or smoking, you're all too familiar with the cravings that propel your habit. Cravings - that intense desire for certain substances or behaviors with the aim of feeling pleasure and satisfaction - are the root of all addictive behaviors. Knowing what to do with those urges can make the difference between managing your addiction and giving in to it.
Cravings and Addictions presents practical strategies based in acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) to help you cope with the cravings at the core of your addiction. You'll learn to recognize the cues that lead to addictive behaviors, and discover how you can move beyond addiction to commit to a life driven by what you care about and want in life.
ACT: Accept, Choose, and Take Action to Manage Your Cravings - and Take Back Control of Your Life!
- Accept that cravings are a normal part of everyday life, just like other thoughts and feelings.
- Choose to surrender to the craving - or choose to engage in actions aligned with your goals and values.
- Take action to change your life for the better-and develop a sense of meaning, purpose, and vitality.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||6 hours and 27 minutes|
|Author||Maria Karekla PhD, Megan M. Kelly PhD, Dr. Russ Harris - foreword|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||29 March 2022|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 47,989 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
172 in Addiction & Recovery (Audible Books & Originals)
246 in Substance Abuse & Recovery
802 in Mental Health (Audible Books & Originals)