Enhance your purchase
|Format||Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, Multiple Formats, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen|
|Contributor||Rapace, Noomi, Rodriguez, Elizabeth, Hardy, Tom, Schoenaerts, Matthias, Gandolfini, James, Frecheville, James, Roskam, Michael R See more|
|Runtime||1 hour and 47 minutes|
THE DROP is a new crime drama from Michael R. Roskam, the Academy Award nominated director of BULLHEAD. Based on a screenplay from Dennis Lehane (MYSTIC RIVER, GONE BABY GONE), THE DROP follows lonely bartender Bob Saginowski (Tom Hardy) through a covert scheme of funneling cash to local gangsters -- "money drops" -- in the underworld of Brooklyn bars. Under the heavy hand of his employer and cousin Marv (James Gandolfini), Bob finds himself at the center of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood's past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living -- no matter the cost.
- Aspect Ratio : 2.40:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Product dimensions : 1.78 x 19.05 x 13.72 cm; 68.04 Grams
- Item Model Number : 2296859
- Director : Roskam, Michael R
- Media Format : Color, Multiple Formats, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound
- Run time : 1 hour and 47 minutes
- Release date : 20 January 2015
- Actors : Hardy, Tom, Gandolfini, James, Rapace, Noomi, Frecheville, James, Rodriguez, Elizabeth
- Dubbed: : French, Spanish
- Subtitles: : Spanish, English
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
- Studio : Twentieth Century-Fox
- ASIN : B00PLYTPEM
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: 26,509 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- 20,254 in Movies (Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
and the owners of a small bar, have to pay a tribute to local gangsters who pick up their money from these drop off points
around the grittier parts of new york... It's the last role of James Gandolfini before he died of an heart attack,
and he is really good in his tailor written part, there are shades of Tony Soprano in his character,
but he and his nephew (played by Tom Hardy) are more small time in this, compared to the high powered Soprano family...
This film has got some nasty, violent uncomprimising gangsters in it, that no one in their right mind would want to have to deal with...
There is also an interesting love story in the film, and the constant tension that bad things could happen to any of the
good people in the film, where violent murderous crims, will resort to all kinds of brutality to get their money, and maintain power and control...
And then I think, maybe, you know, there’s no devil. You die, and god says, ‘Nah, nah, you can’t come in. You have to leave now. You have to leave and go away and you have to be alone. You have to be alone forever.’”
Anyone who enjoys the on-screen company of Tom Hardy will welcome all one hundred minutes of his finely nuanced performance in The Drop, a short dark story told in a style of “scrupulous meanness”. All the actors are perfectly cast (especially ‘Rocco’ the dog) even the briefest of performances in this small-scale production.
The story of Bob (Tom Hardy) who, a loner, beyond redemption, saves a dog, which then becomes the saving of him, (as with Saint Rocco), for a while, in this world, with a little help from Nadia (Noomi Rapace). And so the parable unfolds, stealthily and carefully until the violent climax, and the understated denouement.