Battlefield 2042 - PlayStation 5
Recommended Retail Price (RRP)The RRP displayed is the most recent manufacturer’s recommended retail price made available to Amazon AU.
|You Save:||$60.95 (55%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Publication date||19 November 2021|
About this item
- A World Transformed by Disorder: In 2042, extreme weather events and resource conflicts have shifted the balance of global power; The United States and Russia stand at the brink of war, while a mix of Non-Patriated combat veterans form independent groups known as Task Forces; Fight to define the future in this never-before-seen theater of war
- 128 Simultaneous Players: For the first time in Battlefield’s history, 128 players can join the all-out war at the same time*; This colossal player count equals entirely new gameplay opportunities and epic Battlefield moments; Now more than ever, feel the intensity of taking part in massive-scale battles where anything can happen; *Supported on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation5, and PC only; Xbox One and PlayStation4 will be locked at 64 players
- Vast and Dynamic Environments: Get an even greater sense of spectacular, large-scale war on seven massive maps – crafted through a revamped design philosophy; Each battlefield has multiple distinct combat areas housed in a single playspace and this extra space means more variety and more meaningful vehicle gameplay – tanks have more space to roam, fighter jets have more airspace to maneuver; On these maps, you'll experience ever-changing battle conditions and gameplay challenges; Adapt on-the-fly to dynamic events and disasters, such as sandstorms in the deserts of Qatar, a rocket launching from French Guiana’s Space Centre, and tornadoes threatening South Korea’s concrete jungles
- A Cutting-Edge Arsenal: Unleash your combat creativity through a full roster of cutting-edge weapons, vehicles, jets, helis, and all-new equipment inspired by the near-future of 2042; Summon the Ranger, a robotic dog built for battle, use the Syrette Pistol to revive squad members from afar, employ a grappling hook to reach new places, don a wingsuit, deploy a recon drone, and more
- Specialists: Choose your role on the battlefield and form hand-tailored squads through the new Specialist system; Based on Battlefield’s four Classes, Specialists have one unique Specialty and Trait – but the rest of the loadout is fully customizable; Choosing and equipping your Specialist allows you to build synergies within your squad and empower yourself to take on any battle situation
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Battlefield 2042 is a first-person shooter that marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of the franchise. In a near-future world transformed by disorder, adapt and overcome dynamically-changing battlegrounds with the help of your squad and a cutting-edge arsenal. With support for 128 players*, Battlefield 2042 brings unprecedented scale on vast environments across the globe. Players will take on several massive experiences, from updated multiplayer modes like Conquest and Breakthrough to the all-new Hazard Zone.
Review this product
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There also appears to be too many vehicles on many of the maps. In Breakthrough the points up high are difficult if not impossible to take, and makes these points a grind. It appears DICE never really tried real 64v64 players. I would have loved some closer combat maps instead of maps with huge spaces between.
There are bugs galore, sometimes you join a match and cannot select a loadout. However, closing the game and reopening it fixes it but you would assume that would be fixed at launch.
Granted it looks beautiful, and the new mechanics/classes are a change from what was in the previous iterations of BF. But I must say that the moment it is not that enjoyable to play and needs more polish.
Even if it wasn't a buggy mess it would still be worse the other battlefield games.
That being said, the bugs in this game make it extremely frustrating where despite trying to ignore them, there are so many annoying issues that will bombard you and ruin your already lack luster experience.
That being said, the launch was pretty shabby and there were endless bugs, but most of the worst ones have been patched quite early now and the rest should be fixed before the end of the year.
I've thrown a good few hours into it already and I'm looking forward to continue playing it as it improves and changes.
Only two game modes available. Heaps of bugs. Your loadout will disappear, voice chat doesn’t exist.
It looks beautiful, but it feels a BETA version. Wait for few months, hopefully they will improve it.
I played a few hours with a friend and once he went off, I deleted it off my PS5. The game play is really unenjoyable, bugs beyond belief (whoever signed off on this release should be shot), no comms, no scoreboard, 2 game modes, and the maps are just bogus. This is seriously the worst game I have ever played and I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield games. It really shows how rubbish it is that I am back to playing BF1 and BFV. It's ridiculous and a big disappointment. Everyone wanted a new modern warfare game similar to BF4, but they came out with a crappier version of COD. Save your money or wait for them to fundamentally redesign this game with patch updates!