Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
Essential Chords for Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele and Banjo: Second Edition, Chord Fingering Charts, Keys, Barre Chords, Arpeggio Scales, Moveable Soloing Scales, Blank Chord Boxes and Sheet Music Paperback – 7 October 2011
Enhance your purchase
Simple, clean, easy to read fingering charts for all players showing the 7 basic Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele and Banjo chords, A-G for Major, Minor and 7th chords. Includes the I, IV, V chord progressions for each key. Plus movable Guitar fingerings for barre chords, arpeggio scales, and soloing scales for folk, country, rock and blues, and movable Mandolin arpeggio scales. The charts are designed to be easy to read and follow.
Essential Chords includes blank sheet music and chord box pages for each instrument that you can photocopy. Each sheet music page has the lines spread apart for ease in writing down your music.
Chord and Music Charts in the Book
• The Seven Basic Guitar Chords, Major, Minor and 7th
• The Seven Guitar Keys with I, IV, V and V7 Chords
• Guitar Barre Chords
• Major Movable Soloing Scale for Folk or Country Music for Any Key
• Minor Pentatonic Movable Soloing Scale for Blues, Rock or Latin Music
• Movable Arpeggio Scale for Any Guitar Key
• Guitar Power Chords
• Diminished Guitar Chords
• Augmented Guitar Chords
• Sus2 and Sus4 Guitar Chords
• Mandolin Chords, Major, Minor and 7th
• Mandolin Two Finger Chords
• The Seven Mandolin Keys with the I, IV, V and V7 Chords
• 2 Finger Mandolin Chords for a I, IV, V Progression
• Movable Arpeggio Scale for Any Mandolin Key
• Ukulele Chords, Major, Minor and 7th
• The Seven Ukulele Keys with the I, IV, V and V7 Chords in First Position
• Banjo Chords, 5 String, A, C, Double C, D and G Tunings Major, Minor and 7th
• Banjo Chords, 4 String, Standard, Celtic/Irish and Chicago Tunings, Major, Minor and 7th
• Blank Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele and Banjo Sheet Music and Chord Boxes
From the Publisher
|Blank Sheet Music for Guitar||Blank Sheet Music for Mandolin||Essential Chords for Guitar Mandolin Ukulele & Banjo||Left Hand Chords for Guitar Mandolin Ukulele & Banjo|
|Chord Reference Pages||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Blank Sheet Music||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Comprehensive Chord Lesson Pages||✓||✓|
|For Mandolin & Ukulele||✓||✓||✓|
About the Author
I started learning guitar about 10 years ago and my music and chord charts came about from my search for clear basic music information to help me learn when I started playing the guitar. Over the years I found lots of the charts on the web and in books but most of them were too complicated or incomplete or poorly presented. So I started laying out my own charts and then started sharing them with my friends.
As I searched the web I wanted to learn the basic shapes for the major, minor, and seventh chords. I wanted to learn how to move up the neck of the guitar and play like the guys you see in real bands. Arpeggios what are they and how to play and apply them?
What are keys and simple chord substitutions, minor pentatonic and the mysterious G run, maybe a little chord theory? How to solo, a simple 101 approach? So those were the questions, my music and chord charts are what have come out of that effort. There is always more to learn and add to but this set gave me the essential basic beginning steps and information to play the music I wanted.
Along the way I also learned to play the mandolin, the ukulele and a little banjo. So those were also added to the collection along with blank sheet music and chord boxes for writing down ideas.
My intent was to make the charts easy to read, informative and great resource for when you are practicing and jamming with your friends.
- Publisher : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2 edition (7 October 2011)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 60 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1466410361
- ISBN-13 : 978-1466410367
- Dimensions : 21.59 x 0.41 x 27.99 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 178,730 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Keep at it and don't give up! This book will help you and I use it every day when I Practice, Practice, Practice!!!
I learned how to play these instruments through using this book. The mandolin section showed me all about 2 finger chords, which made playing the mandolin so easy.
The only problem you might find is, if you only have 1 of these instruments then its not much use for you.
I loved it and was glad I bought it.
On my standard kindle some of the images are small and moving around the page to see next chord with the navigation key is a pain if you are also holding an instrument to try and actually play the chords.
This book gives you the most useful and used chords for a number of instruments and alternative tunings and is a great reference work for the price