prima di morire in un'imboscata, un nobile medievale, padre del neonato re art, impianta la sua spada magica excalibur in una roccia; il mago merlino predice che essa verra' estratta un giorno da un vero re. con l'aiuto di merlino il giovane art riesce a estrarre la spada e diviene re dei britanni; poi riporta la pace tra i feudatari rivali, riunendoli in una tavola rotonda. egli lancia la ricerca del sacro graal, aiutato dal coraggioso cavaliere lancillotto. forgiata da un mago. predetta da un mago. trovata da un uomo. rifacimento di re art e i cavalieri della tavola rotonda 1910
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9, 1.85:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : Italian, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Czech, English
- Package Dimensions : 17 x 13.4 x 1.4 cm; 81.65 Grams
- Subtitles: : Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Greek, Czech, Finnish, Hebrew
- Language : Italian (Dolby Digital 1.0), Czech (Dolby Digital 1.0), French (Dolby Digital 1.0), English (DTS-HD High Res Audio), Spanish (Dolby Digital 1.0), German (Dolby Digital 1.0), Portuguese (Dolby Digital 1.0)
- Studio : WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT ITALIA SPA
- ASIN : B004JRJ25Y
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: 20,811 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- 15,916 in Movies (Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
When I first saw Excalibur I thought what a brilliant film, but seeing it now I do think it could have had a few things done differently. The music used in the film plays well with the theme at the time, but I do think in some of the scenes it just seems to be a quick burst then dies quickly. Using Carl Orffs Carmina Burana is inspirational, especially when the knights ride out to their last battle. All in all a masterpiece, beautiful to look at (especially Cherie Lunghi), well scripted & well acted, even though Nicol Williamson playing Merlin was a bit over the top. Perhaps he was told to play it that way? Fantastic!
It's still head and shoulders above the latest King Arthur films which are just trash but I found the acting wooden apart from Merlin and the soft focus filming irritating.
What I still love is the music soundtrack which is perfect, the location and the lack of modern day sensitivity and p.c nonsense.