|Contributor||Columbia Pictures; Dania Film, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Ivan Reitman, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis See more|
|Runtime||1 hour and 48 minutes|
Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis take up their proton packs once more to battle the forces of evil in Manhattan! After waging a war on slime that cost New York City millions, the Ghostbusters find themselves out of business until an ancient tyrant, preparing a return to the Earthly domain through his portrait at the Manhattan Museum of Modern Art, sets his sights on Dana Barrett's baby as the new home for his wicked soul! With the help of the Museum's possessed curator, he plans to turn New York into a really scary place to live! Now only the Ghostbusters can save New York City, by turning paranormal pest control into an art form! 25TH ANNIVERSARY BD SYNOPSIS It’s a fine time for slime-time when Doctors Venkman (Bill Murray), Stantz (Dan Aykroyd) and Spengler (Harold Ramis) regroup to nuke the spooks in this high-spirited comedy. Sidelined after their spectacular save of New York City five years ago, the heroes of the hereafter once again answer the call when an underground r
- Aspect Ratio : 2.40:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Package Dimensions : 17.2 x 13.6 x 1.8 cm; 110 Grams
- Director : Ivan Reitman
- Media Format : Subtitled, 4K
- Run time : 1 hour and 48 minutes
- Release date : 27 June 2016
- Actors : Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Annie Potts
- Dubbed: : Thai, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese
- Subtitles: : Norwegian, Dutch, Hungarian, Thai, Czech, Finnish, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Danish, Romanian, German, Arabic, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Swedish, Japanese, English, Bulgarian, Portuguese, Croatian, Hindi, Polish, Turkish, French, Greek, Spanish, Hebrew
- Language : Italian (Dolby Digital 5.1), German (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Studio : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Producers : Ivan Reitman
- ASIN : B01DZJLEGG
- Number of discs : 2
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Since that revelation, I’ve watched it a few times and, every time, tried to see its flaws. And, even after repeated viewings through older, more cynical eyes, I still love it! It has all the original actors from the first film and they play off each other perfectly. The story has literally moved on and the characters have grown as a result. The special effects still look better than many that are overly-CGIed nowadays and best of all, it’s funny.
If I was really trying to be critical I could mention that it does seem a bit odd that, by all accounts, the city of New York has completely forgotten about how the Ghostbusters saved the world (and, sometimes, it’s even debateable whether the populous even BELIEVES in ghosts!). Plus it is a bit of a re-tread of the first movie’s plot, beat for beat (but no one seemed to mind that much when ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ did that many years later!).
I’d never say it’s better than the original. That kind of praised is reversed for the ‘filmic elite’ and rarely happens at the best of times. However, just because it’s not as good doesn’t make it a bad film. It’s a perfect compendium piece to the original and, if you accept that, you should have fun with it. Now, if you REALLY want a bad and extremely pointless film, then check out the Ghostbusters remake (actually, don’t – stick with either of the originals, the eighties cartoon series or even the game on the PS3 when it comes to your fix of ghostbusting!).
Part of me really wants to give it five stars, but I guess I better give it just 4* on account of 5* being reserved for the original. 4.5 okay?
The Ghostbusters are men not women