Horizon Forbidden West - PlayStation 5
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Fast-travel across the map and get back into the game almost instantly with the PlayStation5 console’s ultra-high-speed SSD and fast load times.
- Get closer to each fight Aloy takes on with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback. Feel the sensation of blades of grass you brush past when making a stealth approach, melee swipes you make against machines and armoured humans, and the directional impact from enemy attacks when you attempt to evade.
- Enjoy a new level of immersion when you interact with different objects using the DualSense wireless controller’s adaptive triggers. Feel the tension in the string of your bow, the pull of your new grappling tool and the resistance of the triggers on heavytribal and mechanical weapons.
- Listen to the landscapes of Horizon Forbidden West come to life around you with the PS5 console’s Tempest 3D AudioTech (requires compatible headphones). Hear vegetation rustle in the wind, birds flying overhead and large mechanical machines swimming in the water below as you explore environments teeming with wildlife and machines.
- Experience the vast world of Horizon Forbidden West in stunning 4K and HDR.** From mountain tops to small sprigs of leaves, everything is realized to incredible detail at an enormous scale. Targeting 60FPS, Performance Mode further enhances smoothness of movement, animations and controls.**4K and HDR require a 4K and HDR compatible TV or display.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West –a majestic but dangerous frontier that conceals mysterious new threats.Explore distant lands, fight bigger and more awe-inspiring machines, and encounter astonishing new tribes as you return to the far-future, post-apocalyptic world of Horizon. The land is dying. Vicious storms and an unstoppable blight ravage the scattered remnants of humanity, while fearsome new machines prowl their borders. Life on Earth is hurtling towards another extinction, and no one knows why.It's up to Aloy to uncover the secrets behind these threats and restore order and balance to the world. Along the way, she must reunite with old friends, forgealliances with warring new factions and unravel the legacy of the ancient past –all the while trying to stay one step ahead of a seemingly undefeatable new enemy.
From the manufacturer
Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West
Explore distant lands, fight bigger and more awe-inspiring machines, and encounter astonishing new tribes as you return to the far-future, post-apocalyptic world of Horizon.
A majestic frontier
Explore the lush forests, sunken cities and towering mountains of a far-future America.
Confront new dangers
Engage in strategic battles against enormous machines and mounted human enemies by using weapons, gear and traps crafted from salvaged parts.
Unravel startling mysteries
Uncover the secret behind Earth's imminent collapse and unlock a hidden chapter in the ancient past... one that will change Aloy forever.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The game is fantastic, though. Outshines many other open world games from the last few years, including any of the Assassins Creeds. It isn't tied into realism the way that RDR2 was, but it comes close to that with its incredibly varied environments and the crazy level of detail in the animation. The facial performances are seriously what you'd expect from next gen.
The story is sprawling in its own way, but tight enough to not leave you fatigued. You unlock different tools and abilities that open up the world at a decent pace, and the traversal mechanics are really great. From riding mounts, to climbing, swimming and...ah...even more you unlock further into the game!
I could barely remember much from the first Horizons games, but this one does a great job of filling you in. The development of the characters is cinematic and thoughtful. Well worth the 50 hours or so I put into it!