George Carlin: Jammin' in New York
Enhance your purchase
|Format||Color, Full Screen, Multiple Formats, NTSC|
|Number of discs||1|
|Runtime||1 hour and 23 minutes|
|Publication date||29 August 2006|
When George Carlin is asked which HBO concert is his favorite, his answer is always, "Jammin In New York." The reasons are several: It was his first HBO show done live; it was the first he had done in his hometown, New York City; and it was the largest audience he had ever worked before: 6,500.
But Carlin says it also represented a newfound sophistication in his writing. "It was the first time I had done truly extended pieces consisting of separate sections all flowing together. It was a big leap for me."
The show, taped at the Paramount Theater in Madison Square Garden and winner of the 1992 CableACE Award, is a perfect blend of biting social commentary and more gently-observed observational pieces.
- Aspect Ratio : 1.33:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Product dimensions : 1.78 x 19.05 x 13.72 cm; 90.72 Grams
- Item Model Number : DVD7636
- Media Format : Color, Full Screen, NTSC, Multiple Formats
- Run time : 1 hour and 23 minutes
- Release date : 29 August 2006
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), Unqualified
- Studio : MPI Home Video
- ASIN : B000FFJZOW
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: 65,558 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- 16,395 in TV Shows (Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
You wanna learn something in life?...then watch this!