Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Joseph Alexander
Joseph Alexander has been a guitarist and expert music tutor for over 20 years. His tuition books are published in four languages and have sold over 600,000 copies to widespread critical acclaim.
Currently Joseph is co-writing groundbreaking music methods with Martin Taylor, John Patitucci, Jens Larsen, Levi Clay, Ulf Wakenius, Mark Lettieri Les Wise and many more...
He is a publisher of 120 music books and his label, Fundamental Changes is currently accepting manuscripts from a new talented generation of musicians and offers 3x the standard royalty rates to educators.
www.fundamental-changes.com for over 350 free HD video lessons or to get signed as an author.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Joseph Alexander
Master the Circle of Fifths and Crack the Secret Code of Music Theory
Discover how to form any scale - in any key
Understand key signatures
Change key musically and effectively
Understand how to apply and hear music theory on the guitar
Instantly know the notes of any major of minor scale
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists
- Are you aware of key signatures, keys and scales but don’t quite know how they fit together?
- Would you like to have complete freedom to build and use the right scales on guitar?
- Do you want to know exactly which notes to play in any major or minor scale?
- Do you know how to change key smoothly and easily?
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists will teach you to build, understand and use the essential building-blocks of music theory to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s what you get:
- A complete course, building from the first principles of music that allows you to create, understand and master the Circle of Fifths.
- Discover how to build every major and relative minor scales.
- Understand how key signatures work and instantly know the notes of any scale
- An instant trick to tell you the notes in any key, just using by looking at your guitar fretboard!
Bonus: Learn to instantly see the relationships six ‘secret’ closely related key changes that you can use in your own writing and playing instantly.
Are you Missing part of the puzzle?
Most guitarists know a lot of scales, but few actually understand the essential principles of how they are built and how they relate to each other.
The Circle of Fifths is like an ancient ‘Rosetta Stone’ of music theory that not only tells you which notes are in any key, but also contains the secret of how every scale is built and how every scale relates to each other.
In The Circle of Fifths, you will not only learn how The Circle works, but you will also learn to build it yourself and gain instant access to the deep inner core of theory that governs everything in music.
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists shows how every key, scale, chord and modulation works in music. It’s essential knowledge of any aspiring musician.
Theory is just knowledge, but once you hear it, it becomes music. The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the theory and quickly apply the concepts to your own playing.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
Easily Master the Guitar Neck in Minutes
Quickly and easily learn to locate any note on the neck like it is second nature.
- How to Memorize the Fretboard Teaches you:
- Simple methods and strategies to memorize the guitar neck easily
- Clear diagrams and techniques to make learning fun and simple
- Essential Music Theory
Break Down the Guitar Neck into Easy Shapes
Unlike the piano, the same note can be played on the guitar in more than one location making their locations seem daunting to learn. This book teaches you to instantly recognize and know the location of every note on the guitar neck.
How to Memorize the Guitar Fretboard teaches you essential basic theory and musical patterns so you actually understand how the guitar as a whole functions.
Free on Kindle Unlimited! - Master the Guitar Neck Today!
Why wait? With free delivery right to your device, you don't even need a kindle to read this book! You can have it sent to your PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
No more excuses, master the guitar neck today and play like a pro!
The Most Popular Guitar Books on Amazon
With nearly 1,000,000 copies sold, Fundamental Changes bring you the highest rated guitar books available on Amazon.
Scroll up to Buy Now and make a huge difference to your playing.
Easily Master Pentatonic Scales in Minutes
Quickly and easily learn to play Pentatonic Scales like they're second nature.
Contains Guitar Theory, Pentatonic Licks, Exercises and Sequences
Guitar: Pentatonic and Blues Scales covers the essential guitar theory for the Minor Pentatonic scale, Major Pentatonic Scale and The Blues Scale and highlights the characteristics of each scale with useful licks and exercises.
Includes Audio, Backing Tracks and Clear Diagrams!
Each lick is written in standard notation and guitar tab, and comes with an audio track to download so that you can hear how it should sound. This will help you learn quicker by setting you useful musical targets. There are also backing tracks so you can jam and improvise with your new ideas in musical context.
An Intense 'Shot in the Arm' of Instant Theory and Usable Guitar Licks
As well as many musical licks, there are also notated exercises and sequencing ideas to help you build speed and technique with pentatonic scales. Everything is notated and explained so you can use the ideas immediately in your playing.
Guitar: Pentatonic and Blues scales is a Mini-Book - a 'FUNDessential' that gives you a short, inspiring injection of creativity. It highlights approaches from our 30 other 100+ page books which go into more depth with many difference genres of music.
- Guitar: Pentatonic and Blues Scales Includes:
- Major Scale Theory & Construction
- Major Pentatonic Theory and Licks
- Minor Pentatonic Theory & Licks
- Blues Scale Theory & Licks
- Technique & Lick-Building Exercises
- Free Audio Track for every Exercise
- Backing Tracks
Scroll up to buy it now and Master Pentatonic scales for Guitar
Go Beyond Rhythm Guitar to Seamlessly Blend Guitar Chords with Licks, Riffs and Fills
Become an Accomplished Accompanist!
- Learn to Effortlessly Combine Rhythm and Lead Guitar Simultaneously
- Develop a Language of Musical Fills around Every Common Chord Shape
- Weave Lead Guitar Licks into Chords for Blues, Pop, Rock, and Acoustic Guitar
- Discover how to use Drone Notes to make Beautiful Music
- Instantly Create Beautiful Solo Guitar Lines while playing Capo Chords
- Master Complete Musical Studies and Impressive Pieces that Combine Rhythm and Lead Guitar
- Learn with Tablature, Notation and Hundreds of Audio Examples of Exciting Solo Chord Arrangements
Beyond Rhythm Guitar
- Is your guitar chord playing boring?
- Do you want to add melodic fills to your rhythm guitar playing and stay in time?
- Do you need to find melodies that fit around every chord?
- Want to confidently combine great chords with interesting licks in most modern styles?
- Do you want to learn rhythm and lead in the style of the world's greatest guitarists?
- Do you want hundreds of chords, licks and tricks to enrich your rhythm guitar playing?
Have you ever wondered how great rhythm guitarists combine chord playing with seamless, interesting and creative fills… and barely seem to move their fingers?
Beyond Rhythm Guitar takes you on a journey of discovery that teaches you the best ways to build fills and solo guitar lines around the most important chords on the guitar. You’ll learn the scale shapes, approaches and secret techniques that the best guitar players use to add melody lines to guitar chords.
With over 200 notated audio examples, every essential chord is dissected while you are taught how to use their unique shapes to form lead lines that fit seamlessly into your playing.
From open chords, to using capos and decorating barre chords in rock and blues guitar, Beyond Rhythm Guitar is a pop, rock and blues-focused study method that will help you create beautiful and interesting guitar melodies around chords.
You will quickly become the ‘go-to guitarist’ when it’s time to accompany singers and instrumentalists
Here’s What You Get:
- 106 Pages of rhythm guitar essentials stuffed with over 200 individually recorded examples – Learn to add exciting lead fills based around essential chord shapes.
- A complete course in rhythm guitar mastery – From simple scales to advanced lead guitar licks that teach you to play professional-sounding rhythm guitar: effortlessly.
- Detailed discussion of scale choice, fitting licks around chords, stylistics and genre.
- Complete solo rhythm studies that let you create real music from the concepts covered.
- Every essential chord, technique, scale, lick, fill, and trick to get you playing the right way as quickly as possible.
- Learn to combine sequences of chords and fills to effortlessly create your own musical rhythm guitar parts
- Discussion and breakdown of accompanying vocalists and playing in a strip
The Complete Guide to Keyboard and Piano Technique with over 140 Exercises
At last – a method that addresses every aspect of piano technique and is clear and easy to follow! This book lays the foundations for a lifetime of effortless piano playing.
- Do you want a simple method to learn perfect piano technique, step by step?
- Want a clear guide that will speed up your progress on piano?
- Need a resource to help you master scales and arpeggios at the same time?
The Complete Piano Technique book is a carefully structured method, developed over several years, to help you build perfect piano technique from the ground up. It covers every aspect of piano playing technique and you will learn essential scales and arpeggios at the same time!
In order to enjoy a lifetime of playing, it’s very important to have a solid technical foundation. With this in place, you can focus wholeheartedly on playing the music you love.
- How to play with ease and efficiency
- Practical exercises to achieve good posture and avoid muscle strain and injury
- Perfect finger, hand, wrist and arm movement
- How to relax hand muscles effectively and still achieve great tone
- The correct fingering for all scales and arpeggios
- The counterintuitive technique needed to play flourishes of notes at lightning speed
Clear diagrams throughout the book will ensure you avoid the mistakes many pianists make. You’ll also learn the techniques you’ve heard professional pianists use to introduce light and shade into their playing, and to create exciting or reflective moods.
This is a practical book packed, packed with useful exercises distilled over many years of teaching, to refine your technique and make you the best pianist you can be.
Here’s What You Get:
- Strike and release exercises to build finger strength and independence
- Exercises to master legato and staccato technique
- Introduce light and shade into your playing using one simple technique
- Switch effortlessly between 1/18 note and 1/16th note passages
- Master complete left- and right-hand independence
There’s more! In the process of crafting your technical skills, you’ll learn every major and minor scale and key arpeggios. You’ll also learn how to apply these techniques to the pieces you are working on.
Make quicker progress by learning the right way to practice, and how to have a productive practice session – every time. You’ll also discover a proven method for learning new pieces
Over 140 studio-quality audio examples will help you hear how every exercise should sound.
Buy it now and perfect your piano technique!
Master Essential Guitar Chords and Establish Good Habits for a Lifetime
- Discover how to play every essential chord on guitar
- Understand how chords work together
- Build chord progressions and master strumming
- Understand chord theory and construction
- Instantly apply and use chords to make songs
The First 100 Chords for Guitarists
- Are you struggling to learn guitar chords?
- Would you like an effective way to memorize, play and combine chords to make music on the guitar?
- Do you want to confidently strum rhythms the right way?
- Do you want to build perfect practice habits that will stay with you for a lifetime?
The First 100 Chords for Guitar will teach you to correctly fret, strum and combine the essential chords in music to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete course, building from the first essential guitar chords to help you memorize, understand and apply chords musically.
- A proven practice routine that helps you build muscle memory, great technique and musical knowledge.
- Understanding of how to play chords the right way, and the theory of how they are constructed
- One instant trick to teach your fingers how to move - subconsciously
Bonus One: Learn to link chords together in a truly unique, musical way. Linking chords means practice is always fun as you explore creative ideas.
Bonus Two: A complete guide to essential strumming patterns on guitar.
Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?
Most guitar beginners know a few chords but few actually understand that it is quick and easy to expand that vocabulary into hundreds of chords and colors.
The First 100 Chords for Guitar is not simply a cold list of chords, it’s a complete guitar method for beginners that teaches you how to practice for a lifetime of good guitar habits.
From the most basic chords, right through to some rich and exciting advanced voicings, you will be guided in small friendly steps. Throughout, there is an emphasis on using the correct fingers, changing chords smoothly, building great technique and developing creativity.
Test Yourself! At the end of each chapter, the newly introduced chords are combined into real-life chord progressions.
How to Practice! – Also included is a detailed ‘How to Practice’ section along with dedicated chapters on Essential Strumming Patterns and some Chord Theory.
Learning chords from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. The First 100 Chords for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the music, and quickly apply every new chord in a musical situation.
Get the audio for free from our dedicated website.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
Jazz Guitar Chord Voicings: Musically Mastered
Learn and incorporate essential jazz guitar chord vocabulary into your playing quickly, easily and logically.
Over 150 creative exercises with audio
Jazz Guitar Chord Mastery is a guitar chord method that easily develops your harmonic knowledge and fretboard skills, while helping you master and use advanced jazz chords, voicings and inversions.
Daunted by jazz chords and comping?
Jazz Guitar Chord Mastery begins by breaking down jazz harmony into four basic chord types: Maj7, m7, 7 and m7b5.
How the notes of these chords are arranged on the guitar has a massive effect on their sound and use in music. Every common arrangement (or 'drop' voicing) of these chords is covered in detail, along with advice on when they are best used, which ones are a priority to learn and how to musically incorporate them into your playing.
Any 'drop' chord voicing can be 'inverted' to be played in different four ways. Jazz Guitar Chord Mastery covers every inversion on every possible string group and shows you where to focus for greatest benefit.
Easily master jazz guitar chords now
Each chord structure is shown in terms of its interval arrangement on the neck, which instantly increases your vision, awareness and understanding of how chords function. With this knowledge you will make tiny adjustments to the basic four '7th' chord-types to easily form 9th, 11th, and 13th chords plus Dim7, Maj6, m6 m(Maj)7 and any altered dominant chord you wish.
Not a chord dictionary, this is a complete method to learn and musically apply every chord for jazz guitar - instantly
Jazz Guitar Chord Mastery goes way beyond any chord dictionary. You are taught to construct, play and apply every essential chord voicing in a musical context.
- Every chord type, structure, voicing and inversion is shown with clear diagrams with standard notation and tab
- All drop 2 chord voicings
- All drop 3 chord voicings
- All drop 2+4 chord voicings
- Hundreds of useful exercises and real-life musical examples
- Altered Dominants, Substitutions and 6th chords in context
- Practice tips and musical application
Bonus hundreds of audio tracks to download for free
Bonus learn to move through chords in inversions while adding melody and walking bass
5000+ excellent reviews of all Fundamental Changes guitar method books
With hundreds of positive reviews, Fundamental Changes guitar books are a proven, fun and effective way to quickly improve your playing.
Scroll up to buy now and immediately Improve your jazz guitar chord playing
- Are you struggling to master fingerpicking on guitar?
- Are you finding it difficult to coordinate your fingers and keep your picking smooth while you change chords?
- Do you want to confidently fingerpick chord sequences on guitar right away?
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar is more than just a cold list of potential ideas, it’s a complete method to teach you perfect fingerpicking technique from the ground up. Whatever your current ability, after working through this book you’ll be playing beautiful fingerstyle guitar like a seasoned pro.
- Learn to play every essential picking pattern on guitar
- Master the art of picking smoothly through chord changes – no more awkward gaps!
- Discover dozens of beautiful guitar chord sequences and learn to write your own.
- Develop perfect right- and left-hand coordination
- Instantly apply new fingerpicking patterns to any song on guitar
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar teaches you perfect fingerpicking technique, over 100 picking patterns, dozens of beautiful chord sequences, and gives you an entire method to go from your first fumbling picks to genuinely stunning performances.
In fact, it’s the perfect book for accompanists and singer-songwriters on both acoustic and electric guitar.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete course, building from first foundational plucking techniques that helps you memorize, understand and play fingerpicking patterns cleanly and musically
- A structured approach that helps you to build muscle memory, great technique and useful musical knowledge
- A complete guide to the most important guitar fingerpicking patterns for beginners, and the freedom to create your own unique ideas
- Over 170 examples and exercises written clearly in standard notation and TAB
- An instant trick to teach your fingers how to move accurately, totally subconsciously
Bonus Two: Audio downloads of every single example in the book, so you can hear what the music should sound like.
Most guitarists stumble around with a few picking patterns but don’t realise that it’s simple to develop true musical freedom and an extensive vocabulary in your picking hand.
Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar is a complete guitar method for beginners that teaches you how to build perfect technique and freedom for a lifetime of good guitar habits.
From the most basic picking patterns, right through to rich, exciting and advanced concepts, you will be guided in small friendly steps on your path to plucking perfection. Throughout, there is an emphasis on using the correct fingers, changing chords smoothly, building great technique and developing creativity.
Learning patterns from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music.
Master 100 Classic Rock Guitar Licks & Learn the Language of the 20 Greatest Rock Guitar Players
- Play in the style of the 20 greatest classic rock guitarists.
- Master 5 genre-defining guitar licks for each player.
- Combine and personalize vocabulary into your own unique style.
- Get creative jamming over 20 original backing tracks.
- Learn two complete classic rock guitar solos and develop your own musical language.
- Discover extensive biographies and essential discographies for every player.
100 Classic Rock Licks for Guitar
- Are you struggling to learn the language of classic rock guitar?
- Want to combine rock guitar licks into meaningful, personalized solos?
- Do you need a complete theoretical and technical breakdown of rock guitar soloing?
- Do you want develop a never ending arsenal of authentic rock guitar licks?
100 Classic Rock Licks for Guitar goes way beyond every other ‘boring’ lick book, and teaches you 100 essential rock guitar licks in the style of the world’s 20 greatest rock guitarists….
Here’s What You Get:
- 100 classic rock guitar licks that teach the language of 20 guitar legends.
- Playing advice and a breakdown of every lick, from fingering to performance notes.
- Two solo studies that teach you to combine licks into musical phrases, unique to your own musical voice.
- 20 Backing tracks to make the music come alive while you develop your chops.
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for free.
Bonus One: Essential discography for every player.
Bonus Two: Tips on phrasing, articulation and how to make each lick your own.
Go Way Beyond “Traditional” Guitar Lick Books
100 Classic Rock Licks for Guitar is different to every other guitar lick book available. It’s not simply a cold list of licks, it is a breakdown of the playing styles of the world’s most important rock guitarists. You won’t just copy lines verbatim, you’ll internalize the language of the rock guitar masters and incorporate it into your everyday playing.
Along with extensive biographies and equipment advice, the musical style and language of the 20 greatest rock guitar players is discussed and analyzed, with 5 defining, “in the style of” licks for each legend broken down note by note.
You will learn guitar licks in the style of:
Jimmy Page | Angus Young | David Gilmour | Billy Gibbons | Brian May | Keith Richards | Carlos Santana | Tomi Iommi | Ritchie Blackmore| Duane Allman | Paul Kossoff | Jeff Beck | Lindsey Buckingham | Michael Schenker | Joe Walsh | Eric Clapton | Jimi Hendrix | Peter Green | Gary Moore | Tom Scholz |
As well as discovering 100 musical rock guitar licks, you’ll also master two complete guitar solos created from licks in the book that you can play over the accompanying backing tracks.
* A definitive study of speed techniques and biomechanics for shred guitar
* A systematic guide to fast picking and string-change strategies
* Master the 9 principles of speed-picking as they're dissected, analysed and applied
* Complete technical development through over 90 real-life musical examples and "In the Style of" Licks
* 18 original Neo-Classical studies to build guitar technique and consolidate every essential speed-picking principle
Neoclassical Speed Strategies for Guitar
- Do you struggle to overcome the issues affecting your true speed potential?
- Do you need an authentic method to emulate the picking style of Neo-Classical guitar masters like Yngwie Malmsteen and Ritchie Blackmore?
- Do you want to build flawless picking technique on guitar?
- Do you want to master a system built on innovative solutions to common problems?
- Are you worried that you may not be reaching your true potential?
Neoclassical Speed Strategies for Guitar is the result of 27 years studying the Neoclassical guitar styles of one of the most influential pickers in guitar history. These principles will help you develop perfect guitar technique for any style.
You'll master picking biomechanics, technique, theory and hundreds of licks to turn you into a shred guitar monster.
Here's What You Get:
- A complete guitar picking course that starts from the first principles of movement and works around your own unique body mechanics, illustrated in detail.
- A multi-faceted system used by some of the best guitarists in the world to build incredible, efficient picking technique and devastating speed on guitar
- Inventive exercises that combine shifting scale lines, sequences, single-string phrases and string-changing mechanics.
- Concise, developmental picking drills and studies forming a clear, incremental path to speed-picking mastery
- Notation and Guitar Tab with every pick stroke
Bonus One: A definitive section dedicated to Neo-Classical scale choice, theory and application
Bonus Two: 18 musical studies to build speed, fluency and Neo-Classical vocabulary
Are you Hitting a Brick Wall in your Quest for Ultimate Speed Picking on Guitar?
Speed is not about natural ability. It's not about mindless practice, and it's certainly not about luck. Playing fast starts with a method that will unleash your true potential.
Neo-Classical Speed Strategies for Guitar is about breaking barriers, systemising strengths, and helping you overcome the common hurdles of speed picking by analysing a true icon of shred guitar.
By understanding motion and mechanics, picking orientation and pathways, and by implementing strategies conducive to economical and effortless speed, you'll break free of the issues that have held you back in the past.
Part technical compendium and part Artist style-file, Neo-Classical Speed Strategies for Guitar brings together mechanical solutions and stylistic vocabulary, with 93 musical examples ranging from drills to etudes.
All examples are delivered authentically in downloadable audio.
Get inside the grooves and techniques of the coolest bass players ever recorded!
RnB, Soul & Motown Style Basslines is your complete guide to mastering the essential skills of Soul bass guitar. You’ll learn 100 grooves in the style of 16 legendary bassists, mastering in-the-pocket playing and growing your vocabulary of bass riffs, licks and techniques.Discover 100 RnB, Soul & Motown Grooves for Electric Bass
This is much more than a simple book of licks, you’ll go on a journey with some of the most innovative players ever to pick up the bass. These are the players who literally discovered what makes an amazing bassline.
You’ll nail the groove styles of:
- Early Soul & RnB pioneers Lloyd Trotman and Bernard Odum
- Memphis Soul and Stax – Lewie Steinberg, Donald “Duck” Dunn, Tommy Cogbill
- Motown– James Jamerson, Bob Babbitt
- West Coast Motown – Wilton Felder, Carole Kaye, Scott Edwards
- Philly Soul – Ronnie Baker, Jimmy Williams
- Atlantic and Muscle Shoals – David Hood, Jerry Jemmott
- Chicago Soul & Chess Records – Louis Satterfield, Willie Weeks
We all know a great groove when we hear it, but what makes it so compelling? In this book, seasoned session bassist Dan Hawkins teaches the essential techniques needed to create an array of memorable grooves. Electric Bass skills you’ll learn include:
- The “breaking the rules of music” trick Bernard Odum used for James Brown
- How to create solid memorable riffs that make a tune
- Mastering syncopation in the style of James Jamerson
- How to lock in with a drummer
- Where to use articulations such as hammer-ons, pull-offs and slides
- Essential arpeggio and scale patterns
- The ideas that fuelled some of the greatest basslines in recorded history
There’s more! RnB, Soul & Motown Style Basslines also teaches you how to nail the perfect Soul Tone in its “Gear Talk” section. You’ll even discover how to recreate classic tone with modern gear.100 Fantastic RnB, Soul & Motown Style Basslines
Each section of the book profiles several legendary Soul and RnB bass players and explains how they created their iconic basslines.
Bonus 1: As well as a FREE download of 100 studio quality audio examples, we’ve created a special Spotify playlist of essential tunes to get you in the groove.
Bonus 2: Studio quality backing tracks will help you perfect your skills and get your playing super-tight
Buy RnB, Soul & Motown Style Basslines today and quickly start making that sweet Soul music!
Revolutionize Your Blues Guitar Playing with a Modern Master
“Josh Smith is one of my favorite musicians on the planet. His musical depth and guitar playing transcend the boundaries of the blues genre into a genre of his own.”
– Joe Bonamassa
Josh Smith has taken the world of modern blues guitar playing by storm and now it’s possible to get unprecedented access to the thinking and techniques of this giant of the guitar world.
Modern Blues Guitar Soloing is a deep dive into the concepts that have brought Josh recognition as one of the most innovative and respected players of today.
All the Tools of the Modern Blues Guitarist, Explained and Musically Applied
This book teaches you Josh’s language in the more common musical situations the modern blues guitar player will encounter:
- The blues shuffle
- Funk blues
- High-energy jump blues
- Blues ballads
- Classic rock blues
You’ll learn tons of new, creative blues vocabulary over these tried and tested musical forms, but more importantly, you’ll understand how to apply familiar musical concepts in brand new ways.
Josh Smith Teaches...
- Feel and phrasing– make your guitar sing with feel and dynamics to create a powerful reaction in your audience
- Musical limitation– use Josh’s technique of limiting yourself to make every note count
- Storytelling devices– transcend licks and actually tell a story with your solos.
- Thematic playing– call and response and creative repetition are all backed up with highly musical examples
- Country and Jazz infusion– discover how Josh draws from other musical genres and transforms these ideas into incredible modern blues guitar licks
- Rhythmic variation– understand how to manipulate rhythm and time in your playing to greater effect, using odd note groupings and cutting against the groove
- Hybrid picking– learn Josh’s unique take on hybrid picking to create stunning licks and runs
Level-Up with Insights from a Modern Blues Master
Next, Josh takes you a step further by showing you how to apply the musical concepts in a natural, musical way, giving you all the tools you need to develop these ideas for yourself.
You’ll acquire a whole new trick bag of licks and lines to enhance and elevate your blues guitar playing. As we get into the nitty gritty, you’ll learn…
- How to play through rather than over the chord changes
- How to use chromatic passing notes to enhance traditional pentatonic scales
- The implied chord changes soloing technique
- How to spontaneously create a captivating theme for your solo
- How to use jazz enclosures to form exciting blues licks
- Blend scales to create useful new hybrid approaches
Get Creative with Josh’s Amazing Guitar Backing Tracks
For Modern Blues Guitar Soloing, Josh wanted to provide you with the best learning tools possible, so he got in the studio with drummer Lemar Carter and bassist Travis Carlton to lay down five killer backing tracks which you can download for free.