Meta Quest 2 128GB
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Keep your experience smooth and seamless, even as high-speed action unfolds around you, with a super-fast processor and high-resolution display
- Experience total immersion with 3D positional audio, hand tracking and haptic feedback, working together to make virtual worlds feel real
- Explore an expanding universe of over 250 titles across gaming, fitness, social/multiplayer and entertainment, including exclusive blockbuster releases and totally unique VR experiences
- Travel universes in blockbuster fantasies, scare yourself witless in horror adventures or collaborate with colleagues in innovative workspaces
- Come together in incredible social spaces and multiplayer arenas as you take in live events with friends and family, find your new workout crew or join quests with fellow adventurers
- Be truly free to roam in VR with a wireless headset, intuitive controls, a built-in battery, easy setup and no PC or console needed*
- Play without worries as an easy-to-use Guardian boundary lets you set your designated play space and alerts you if you move outside it
- Batteries : 1 Lithium Ion batteries required. (included)
- Product dimensions : 41.66 x 19.4 x 12.7 cm; 1.85 Kilograms
- Release date : 24 August 2021
- ASIN : B08V51TP2C
- Item Model Number : 899-00186-02
- Country of origin : China
- Customer Reviews:
Step inside new realities with Meta Quest 2, our most advanced VR system yet. Explore new dimensions of gaming, social and entertainment or revolutionise your fitness regime. Using only the Meta Quest smartphone app, your Facebook account and a wireless internet connection, you’ll be ready to go within minutes. Immerse yourself in cinematic, 3D positional audio and mind-blowing high-resolution graphics in every experience. With intuitive controls, comfort-led design and an integrated battery giving up to three hours of gameplay, you can explore VR deeper and further for longer. There’s no end to what you can play, create and discover with Meta Quest 2. Box Contains: • VR headset • Two Touch controllers • Two AA batteries • Silicone cover • Glasses spacer • Charging cable • Power adapter
From the manufacturer
Review this product
Reviewed in Australia on 11 September 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, despite "PC VR Compatible" being one of the supposed selling points of the Quest 2, setting up to use the PC for playing games on Steam requires the purchase of a piece of software called "Virtual Desktop" and then requires you to "sideload" a patch on top of this. I ended up having to rely on a VR savvy friend to come over and use a Youtube walkthrough to help get this done.
There is also an Oculus app to download to your PC and this will allow you to buy games. Only problem is that games bought through this app aren't downloadable to the Quest and must be played tethered to the PC. WTF, especially, when this isn't stated clearly on the purchase page?
Intriguingly, while there are sales on the non-transferable games that you can buy using the oculus PC app, literally none of the games inside the oculus version of the store are on sale. For example, I bought one game through the PC app (50% off) expecting to be able to download and play it through my oculus, but when I discovered I could not I also discovered that the same app was still full price inside the Quest version of the store.
A major problem is that there really isn't any good content for the Quest at this stage. What little there is, is hugely expensive, charging AAA prices for CCC games. I'm very much into open world games, for which VR should be perfect, but most Quest games seem to involve standing still and overcoming waves of enemies. Expect to spend hundreds of dollars in the search of good VR content.
I was also quite disappointed with the quality of the build. At the very least, I would have expected glass, rather than easily damaged plastic for the lenses, especially given how easily they fog up. The headband is a disaster, forcing you to spend yet more money and the price that Oculus wants for both this and its "Link" cable is criminal.
My advice? This device (and probably VR as a whole) simply isn't ready for prime time. Hold off until the next generation of VR, or if you must buy it, wait until there is some halfway decent content.
The fact that most of my time with the unit has been spent watching Amazon Prime inside a Virtual cinema says much about the current capabilities of the technology.
After weeks of waiting I finally was advised to return the headset and all components to an address in Hong Kong.
I spend $85 to send back and was promised a replacement Oculus Quest 2 would be sent out. Its now 2 months later and I have no replacement! Emails to Oculus support has not provided me with any satisfaction as what the status is. Cannot recommend dealing with Oculus
To me this product is now absolutely useless….
By Danny on 11 September 2021
To me this product is now absolutely useless….
It, however, needs the elite head strap for comfort so spend the extra money and if you have any left get the KIWI design or the VR power Battery Pack for the Quest Headset. This will not only double or triple your battery life but it'll act as a counter weight to the headset and make it even more comfortable
must have apps:
Saints and Sinner
and it is by far my favourite. I have owned the PSVR and Vive Cosmos and despite this being the cheapest it has a better display and controller tracking. With the recent link cable update this works great as a PCVR Headset. The only drawbacks are the strap is meh and the foam cover is pretty bad which means you need to buy some additional accessories if you intend to use this more than casually. Despite this, I strongly recommend buying this if you have even a slight curiosity about VR.
Overall the Quest 2 is awesome. I had the PSVR and the original HTC Vive which were both ok but in comparison the Quest 2 is soooooooooo much better. And the option to play both wireless and tethered is a HUGE bonus.