Star Wars The Force Awakens
Enhance your purchase
|Contributor||Adam Driver, Andy Serkis, Kenny Baker, Domhnall Gleeson, Carrie Fisher, Gwendoline Christie, Peter Mayhew, J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, Bryan Burk, Lupita Nyong'o See more|
J.J.Abrams directs this seventh instalment of the epic sci-fi film series in which Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill reprise their roles from the original trilogy.Set 30 years after 'Return of the Jedi' (1983), the film follows Han Solo (Ford), Princess Leia (Fisher) and new characters scavenger Rey (Daisy Ridley), former stormtrooper Finn (John Boyega) and X-wing pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) as they face powerful forces from the dark side in the form of First Order commander Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and his master Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis).The film was nominated for five Academy Awards including Best Original Score (John Williams), Best Visual Effects and Best Editing.
Technical Specs: * Languages(s): English, French
* Hard of Hearing Subtitles: English
* Subtitles: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French
* Interactive Menu
* Scene Access
* Screen ratio 1:2.40
* 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
Extras included: * Bonus Footage
* Documentaries: 'Secrets of 'The Force Awakens' - A Cinematic Journey', 'The Story Awakens - The Table Read', 'Crafting Creatures', 'Building BB-8', 'Blueprint of a Battle - The Snow Fight', 'ILM - The Visual Magic of The Force', 'John Williams - The Seventh Symphony', 'Force for Change'
- Aspect Ratio : 1.78:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Product dimensions : 10 x 7 x 1 cm; 80 Grams
- Item Model Number : BUY0265901
- Director : J.J. Abrams
- Media Format : Digital
- Run time : 135 minutes
- Actors : Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Gwendoline Christie, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac
- Dubbed: : French
- Subtitles: : Arabic, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, Dutch, Danish
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS 5.1), Unknown (DTS-HD High Res Audio)
- Studio : Walt Disney
- Producers : J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, Kathleen Kennedy
- ASIN : B01C47GETW
- Number of discs : 2
- Best Sellers Rank: 48,424 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- 37,103 in Movies (Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Star Wars Episode 7 is by no means perfect, for one the story structure is most definitely based on A New Hope, is that a bad thing though?
Shot on 35mm film, Episode 7 looks great on Bluray and has had a very faithful transfer with all of the glorious film gran left pretty much intact.
The familiar structure lends itself easily to nostalgia and works for the most part, if you are a fan of Star Wars you will most likely enjoy the film.
Personally I think that Episode 7 did it's job in terms if reinvigorating the franchise and the follow ups will carve their own path.
Top reviews from other countries
Foley: a sonic tale
Sounds of the Resistance
Dressing the Galaxy
Inside the armoury
The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper: a conversation with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega
Secrets of The Force Awakens: a cinematic journey
Force for change
The Story Awakens: the table read
Blueprint of a battle: the snow fight
John Williams: the seventh symphony
ILM the visual magic of The Force
Hope this is helpful.
Big screen HD tv/3d BluRay combination really demonstrated:-
1. the superior quality of the original film, shot at least partly on true 70mm film. Sharp with good colour (not one of those washed out grey colour films where everyone looks like they need a blood transfusion)
2. the 3d effects are superb and definitely worth the extra price over 2d version.
3. great presentation of the sound effects, dialogue and the music.
there are extras included and a nice 3d image on the box which are all worth having to some extent, but it was the 3d that really "stood out" for me
Mild spoiler: Somewhat disappointing that the story line had to stick the old proven-concept of A New Hope, Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace where the enemy base had to be blown up in the ending scenes.
Our 8-year old daughter who is a big fan of the series, liked the movie the lightsaber action in particular and the new hero Rey.
We buy the 3D version of movies where possible. This 3D version at home on our fairly high-end OLED screen is excellent and bright.