Tales from the Perilous Realm Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Combined into one volume, this is the definitive collection of Tolkien's five acclaimed modern classic 'fairie' tales in the vein of The Hobbit, read by Derek Jacobi.
The five tales are written with the same skill, quality and charm that made The Hobbit a classic. Largely overlooked because of their short lengths, they are joined here in one volume which reaffirms Tolkien's place as a master storyteller for listeners young and old.
- 'Roverandom' is a toy dog who, enchanted by a sand sorcerer, gets to explore the world and encounter strange and fabulous creatures.
- 'Farmer Giles of Ham' is fat and unheroic, but - having unwittingly managed to scare off a short-sighted giant - is called upon to do battle when a dragon comes to town.
- 'The Adventures of Tom Bombadil' tells in verse of Tom's many adventures with hobbits, princesses, dwarves and trolls.
- 'Leaf by Niggle' recounts the strange adventures of the painter Niggle, who sets out to paint the perfect tree.
- 'Smith of Wootton Major' journeys to the Land of Faery thanks to the magical ingredients of the Great Cake of the Feast of Good Children.
Taken together, this rich collection of work from the author of The Children of Húrin will provide the listener with a fascinating journey into lands as wild and strange as Middle-earth.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||7 hours and 42 minutes|
|Author||J. R. R. Tolkien|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||23 June 2016|
|Publisher||HarperCollins Publishers Limited|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 4,484 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
352 in Epic Fantasy (Audible Books & Originals)
676 in Military Fantasy (Books)
779 in Epic Fantasy (Books)
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
I'm really happy to have invested in such a fine product!
As always, wonderful illustrations from Alan Lee, as per his other works for Tolkien publications.
Only reason I have dropped a star is because this was supposed to be 'new' however looked as though it had been read a couple of times and sat on sombody's bookshelf for a few years! slightly bent cover and a few dents/wear to the edges of the pages
I can heartily recommend to fans of Tolkien, of magic and of 'faery', of Alan Lee or to those wishing to explore Tolkien but who are not yet ready to tackle the mammoth mountain of literature that is The Lord Of The Rings! This collection is fun, at times frivilous and can be read fast. Perfect for relaxation when you don't want to be too taxed!
Try it...you may find you'll fall for it!