Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Brought to you by Penguin.
Who were you before the world told you who to be?
Part inspiration, part memoir, Untamed explores the joy and peace we discover when we stop striving to meet the expectations of the world and instead dare to listen to and trust in the voice deep inside us. From the beloved New York Times best-selling author, speaker and activist Glennon Doyle.
For many years, Glennon Doyle denied her discontent. Then, while speaking at a conference, she looked at a woman across the room and fell instantly in love. Three words flooded her mind: There. She. Is. At first, Glennon assumed these words came to her from on high but soon she realised they had come to her from within. This was the voice she had buried beneath decades of numbing addictions and social conditioning. Glennon decided to let go of the world’s expectations of her and reclaim her true untamed self.
Soulful and uproarious, forceful and tender, Untamed is both an intimate memoir and a galvanising wake-up call. It is the story of how one woman learned that a responsible mother is not one who slowly dies for her children, but one who shows them how to fully live. It is also the story of how each of us can begin to trust ourselves enough to set boundaries, make peace with our bodies, honour our anger and heartbreak and unleash our truest, wildest instincts.
Untamed shows us how to be brave. And, as Glennon insists, 'The braver we are, the luckier we get.'
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||8 hours and 22 minutes|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||17 March 2020|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 171 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
4 in Biographies of Women (Audible Books & Originals)
5 in Biographies of Women (Books)
20 in Memoirs (Books)
Review this product
Reviewed in Australia on 4 September 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a book for the ages. A masterpiece of contextual thinking. One that makes you feel everything, think differently about everything and bask in the genius and sensitivity of the literary delivery.
I learned about Glennon on Brené Browns podcast, which was beyond interesting, but contained only really a glimpse of her deep insight and inspiring humility.
This book is a collection of stories, metaphors and musings that could not be more relevant to the current socio-cultural climate.
I am learning, growing and feeling deep grace with every page I read.
If you are sitting there trying to decide whether to purchase this book - you must! It is an investment in yourself, your family and your role in the future of humanity.
Thank you Glennon for such a groundbreaking piece of work. 🙏🏻
Top reviews from other countries
I was so wrong.
Quarter of the way through I was texting my best friend saying “you have to read this”. Several pages later I was like “I’ve not even finished it and I’ve already ordered you your own copy”. I read it cover to cover TWICE in one weekend. The second time with a highlighter
What is so great about it?
- her message for women and how easy it is to get trapped in lives that aren’t REALLY who we are
- her message for young girls - and the great story of how Abby coached their daughter through sport that sometimes you have to do hard things that you don’t want to do in order to get to what you DO want
- her message for boys that they owe responsibility to their families and to muck in with all the chores at home
- her message about online porn and what it does to young people’s brains if they’re not taught healthy messages about sex
I could go on. But I won’t. Cos you should hear it from Glennon not me.
It made an immediate difference to me. I got up and out and asked for what I wanted in an area of my life. And lo and behold it looks like I’m gonna get it