Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS5)
Enhance your purchase
|Operating system||PlayStation 5|
|Hardware platform||PlayStation 5|
|Publication date||4 February 2021|
About this item
- A Quest for Redemption: You play as Cahal, a former protector of Gaia, born under a full moon, and proud werewolf Warrior of the Fianna Tribe. However, after losing control of his devastating rage, Cahal chose a life of exile. Years later, while searching for his missing daughter, Cahal discovers that his old pack is in danger - and he must come to its aid.
- One Hero, Three Forms: Each form has its advantages: the wolf can sneak around undetected, Cahal as a human can interact with other people, and the half-wolf Crinos can unleash its human rage to tear enemies apart.
- Immense Rage: Your worst enemy is yourself. If you don't contain your rage, it can destroy you once again by letting the Wyrm enthrall consume your soul.
- Product Dimensions : 13.5 x 1.5 x 17.2 cm; 80 Grams
- Release date : 4 February 2021
- ASIN : B08NYMRF4W
- Item Model Number : WAE-PS5
- Best Sellers Rank: 7,433 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood offers a unique experience full of savage combat and mystical adventures, inspired by the famous role-playing game. You are Cahal, a powerful Garou who chose to go into exile after losing control of his destructive rage. You must master the three forms and powers of human, wolf, and the giant ferocious beast Crinos to punish those who defile Gaia, Mother Earth. Each form has its advantages: the wolf can sneak around undetected, Cahal as a human can interact with other people, and the werewolf can unleash is rage to tear enemies apart. This rage is your greatest asset, but also your weakness - if you don't contain it, it can destroy you once again. On your quest for redemption and blood, you will play a crucial role in the great war between the Garou and Endron, a powerful oil company that serves the Wyrm, a destructive spirit ravaging the planet.
Review this product
Top review from Australia
Top reviews from other countries
The story isn't the bad part about this game. It's the gameplay. Its mostly button mashing with a mixture of stealth. Your stealth options are limited and you'll suddenly go into areas where stealth is essential but like just two seconds before that you were slaughtering guys by the dozen.
The combat as a werewolf is 'okay' again its button mashing with the occasional activation of a special ability. You don't get much choice between brute force and stealth unfortunately as you're forced into these scenarios.
The unfortunate thing with this game is that it takes ideas that were popular 15 years ago and bring in today. Like you'll be in a room fighting and enemies just keep coming predictably through door that opens and then shuts immediately.
Graphically the game doesn't look 'bad' - but its not great for what I'd expect a full price PS5 game to be in 2021. I wouldn't even say its close to what I'd expect a PS4 game to be in 2021. Its not horrific or PS3 level graphics and I get it was made by a small studio but if you're essentially charging as a AAA title - I can't really forgive what I feel is very lack luster graphics.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 February 2021
I do not recommend this game at all.