Follow the Author
What a Time to be Alone: The Slumflower's Guide to Why You Are Already Enough Kindle Edition
In What A Time To Be Alone,The Slumflower will be your life guru, confidante and best friend. She’ll show you that being alone is not just okay: it’s just about the best freaking thing that’s ever happened to you. As she says, ‘You’re bad as hell and you were made with intention.’ It’s about time you realised.
Peppered with insightful Igbo proverbs from Chidera’s Nigerian mother and full of her own original artwork, What A Time To Be Alone will help you navigate the modern world. We can all decide our own fates and Chidera shows us how, using a three-part approach filled with sass, wisdom and charm.
- Learn how to celebrate YOU – decide your self-worth, take time to heal and empower yourself in this messy world.
- Don’t worry about THEM – avoid other people’s demons and realise that everyone is protecting themselves from something – no matter how aggressive their method.
- Feel the togetherness in US – sustain and grow healthy relationships and avoid toxicity in your friendships.
Own your story. Create your own narrative. Read this book. #WATTBA
About the Author
- ASIN : B07DGJ2XWC
- Publisher : Quadrille; Illustrated edition (26 July 2018)
- Language : English
- File size : 106161 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Not Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 192 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 77,836 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Secondly, the Nigerian influence and African Proverbs sets this book alive!! I’m learning certain sayings that I’ve never heard before and they sound so native and comforting. She even speaks in her language in some parts which celebrates her culture!
There’s little artsy diagrams and pictures which makes the book very visual and pleasing to the eye. I imagine it’s as colourful as her vibrant personality!
This book has soooo many GREAT words of wisdom and is perfect for any young woman growing up. Men can also follow some of these gems too.
This book has boosted my confidence and allowed me to trust my inner woman. It has allowed me to be more spiritually awakened and have faith in the unknown as well as outline red flags or things that we should be warned about! I’m so grateful for this book! Thank you
Artist from SE London
Catch me on insta! @OohSoShar